About the course
DevSecOps (short for development, security, and operations) has evolved to address the need to build security continuously across the SDLC so that DevOps teams can deliver secure applications with speed and quality.
In this course, lessons will present each topic to you in an interactive yet straightforward way so you will understand them easily!
This course is for aspiring learners looking to integrate security into their DevOps pipeline. You will learn all the needed DevSecOps skills, tools and processes to secure, such as:
- Secrets/sensitive data from being accidentally pushed to SCMs.
- find, fix, patch vulnerabilities in application dependencies, Dockerfile, Images, Kubernetes Resources,
- build and test the application, build/push docker image, deploy to Kubernetes cluster securely,
- Unit Test,
- Mutation Test,
- SAST – Static Application Security Testing,
- DAST – Dynamic Application Security Testing,
- Integration Test
- monitoring vulnerabilities and Kubernetes cluster using various tools.
We will discuss each concept with a practical hands-on exercise, provide simple scripts to set up your Kubernetes cluster and have a Github repository with various code snippets we use throughout this course.
Come join us in the Kubernetes DevSecOps Slack community provided in the lessons for any topic request/discussion!
What you will learn in this course:
- DevSecOps Approach
- Kubernetes Security Concepts
- HashiCorp Vault + Secret Injection into Kubernetes Pod
- Find Vulnerabilities in Dependencies, Dockerfile, Images, K8s Resources
- Unit Test, Mutation Test, SAST, DAST, Integration Test
- Integrate/Shifting Security Left within the DevOps Pipeline
- Fix/Patch Vulnerabilities in Dependencies, Dockerfile, Images, K8s Resources
- Monitoring Vulnerabilities and Kubernetes Cluster
- Slack Notifications for Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana, Falco
Practice, Practice, Practice!!!
Lectures alone won’t give you the skills you need to make it as a DevOps engineer. In this course, you will learn by doing. Each exercise will help you ensure you have truly mastered the concepts and will help you have the confidence to apply your DevSecOps knowledge in real-world situations.
If you have basic Knowledge of DevOps & Jenkins, Docker & Kubernetes, Linux VM, CLI & Shell Scripting, it will help you tremendously, but if you don’t and are willing to learn, then this is the course for you!
This course is for:
- Anyone willing to learn but having basic Knowledge of DevOps & Jenkins, Docker & Kubernetes, Linux VM, CLI & Shell Scripting will definitely help!
- Kubernetes Admins and Developers
- DevOps Engineers
- SpringBoot or any Programming Language Developers
- Architects and Product Managers
So If you want to advance your career as a DevOps Engineer, this is your chance to enroll now!
Our students work at...
What our students say
About the instructor
Siddharth is a Technical Architect and specializes in API Management and DevOps Technologies. For most of his career, he worked on various API Management tools like Google Apigee, Wso2, Layer7, MuleSoft, DevSecOps, and Kubernetes.
He is deeply passionate about using technology to drive the creation of innovative technical solutions and products.
Are you sure to reset the course progress?
The course progress will be removed. Please download any earned certificate and proceed.