This course will let you explore and tackle the challenges developers and operators face with a distributed or microservices architecture with Istio. Istio is an open-source service mesh that lets you connect, monitor, and secure microservices deployed on-premise, in the cloud, or with orchestration platforms like Kubernetes and Mesos. Whether you’re building from scratch or migrating existing applications to cloud native, Istio can help.
Istio lets you program application-aware traffic management, incredible observability, and robust security capabilities into your network. Istio is the path to load balancing, service-to-service authentication, and monitoring – with few or no service code changes. Its powerful control plane brings a variety of vital features which is designed for extensibility and can handle a diverse range of deployment needs. Istio’s control plane runs on Kubernetes, and you can add applications deployed in that cluster to your mesh, extend the mesh to other clusters, or even connect VMs or other endpoints running outside of Kubernetes.
Let us dive into this fully hands-on course with labs for understanding:
- Monoliths vs Microservices
- Challenges with Microservice Architectures
- How Service Mesh’s solve these challenges
- Introduction to Istio
- Deploying sample application
- Generating Traffic to the application
- Visualizing in Kiali Dashboard
- Understanding Istio Architecture
- Gateway, Timeouts, Fault Injection
- Monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana
- Distributed Tracing with Jaeger
What are the pre-requisites to attend this course?
- Basic Kubernetes knowledge.
- Be familiar with pods, deployments and services from Kubernetes.
Practice using our hands-on Labs!
0% Complete 0/16 Steps
0% Complete 0/19 Steps
0% Complete 0/10 Steps
0% Complete 0/8 Steps