Kubernetes Certification – Section Introduction
Kubernetes is one of the most sought after skills in the IT industry today. And the Kubernetes certifications – CKA, CKAD or CKS – are one of the hottest IT certifications. Unlike other typical certifications, Kubernetes certifications are practical hands-on exams. So you need to spend time practicing hands-on exams.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I register for the exam?
Go here to register for the exam.
CKA – Click here
CKAD – Click here
CKS – Click here
How long do I have to take the exam?
- Once purchased you can take the exam within the 12 months. Which is enough time to prepare and attempt your CKA, CKAD and CKS exams.
How many attempts do I get?
- You get 1 free retake for each of these exams. That is a total of 2 attempts which can be taken for these exams
- The second attempt can be taken only if you fail the first attempt.
Should I go for CKA or CKAD or CKS?
- If you just need to try Kubernetes Certification and get one quickly, I’d say go for CKAD. As it’s easy to prepare and crack, compared to CKA.
- If you really want to learn Kubernetes well, go for CKA. I think all system administrators and operations engineers should target CKA.
- If you prepare for CKA, CKAD is an easy add on. You can target to achieve CKAD 2-3 weeks after CKA.
- Prior to taking the Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS) exam, applicants must have completed and passed the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam. CKS can be purchased, but it cannot be booked until CKA certification is obtained.
I am not a developer. So is CKAD for me?
- You don’t need to be a developer to attempt CKAD. No coding experience required. You will be focusing on deploying a given application.
Do I need any coding or programming knowledge to learn Kubernetes?
- No, you do not need any scripting or programming knowledge to do CKA or CKAD.
What is the score needed to pass the exam?
- CKA – above 66% score
- CKAD – above 66% score
- CKS – above 67% score
What are the exam and system requirements for CKA, CKAD, CKS exams?
- Government issued IDs with candidates’ full name, photo and signature.
- A well lit room with a clear background is suggested as this exam is proctored.
- Current version of Chrome or Chromium
- Stable Internet connection