I completed this activity but finally received message that “PostgreSQL is not configured correctly, either user ‘kodekloud_pop’ and database ‘kodekloud_db7’ does not exist or user ‘kodekloud_pop’ does not has appropriate permissions on database ‘kodekloud_db7’ on DB Server”. Please provide more details on what went wrong.
I followed below steps:
- Installed required packages for postgres
- Enabled postgres service successfully
- changed to user postgres
- Created md5 password for the plain text password
- Created db user with md5 password
- Create DB and granted all privileges to user
- Updated pg_hba.conf to use md5
8 Updated postgresql.conf to permit all *
- Restarted postgres service
- test the db connection using these new credentials from root user or server’s sudo user.( postgres( both successful. Please see screen shot.