Hi @Tej Singh Rana, @unnivkn, all
An issue is being faced in lab- "CHALLENGE 1, KUBERNETES CHALLENGE 1". Any inputs?
• A pv was already created at the beginning of the question.
• While trying to create pvc as first step, I created the pvc in the default name space by mistake - which got bound successfully. And then realizing the namespace mistake, I created another pvc with same details in correct ns now. And then deleted the old pvc in the default ns.
• It resulted in pv failure:
[email protected] ~ ➜ k get pv,pvc -A NAME CAPACITY ACCESS MODES RECLAIM POLICY STATUS CLAIM STORAGECLASS REASON AGE persistentvolume/jekyll-site 1Gi RWX Delete Failed default/jekyll-site local-storage 11m NAMESPACE NAME STATUS VOLUME CAPACITY ACCESS MODES STORAGECLASS AGE development persistentvolumeclaim/jekyll-site Pending local-storage 108s [email protected] ~ ➜
• Below is the error in the pv:
[email protected] ~ ➜ k describe pv jekyll-site Name: jekyll-site Labels: <none> Annotations: <http://pv.kubernetes.io/bound-by-controller|pv.kubernetes.io/bound-by-controller>: yes Finalizers: [<http://kubernetes.io/pv-protection|kubernetes.io/pv-protection>] StorageClass: local-storage Status: Failed Claim: default/jekyll-site Reclaim Policy: Delete Access Modes: RWX VolumeMode: Filesystem Capacity: 1Gi Node Affinity: Required Terms: Term 0: <http://kubernetes.io/hostname|kubernetes.io/hostname> in [node01] Message: error getting deleter volume plugin for volume "jekyll-site": no deletable volume plugin matched Source: Type: LocalVolume (a persistent volume backed by local storage on a node) Path: /site Events: Type Reason Age From Message ---- ------ ---- ---- ------- Warning VolumeFailedDelete 3m33s persistentvolume-controller error getting deleter volume plugin for volume "jekyll-site": no deletable volume plugin matched [email protected] ~ ➜
• Now the issue is PV is in failed state and no PVC is getting bounded to this PV.
I am wondering how to recover from this issue if by mistake it happens in exam?